These pancakes are quick, easy, fluffy, foolproof & absolutely delicious.
Perfect for Sunday breakfast, a quick & easy afternoon tea with jam & cream or as breakfast in bed for someone special!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of self raising flour (or 1 cup plain flour & 1 tsp baking soda)
- 1 cup milk
You will also need melted butter for your frying pan.
NB: This recipe can be doubled. The above makes approx. 8 pancakes.
- Place all ingredients into a jug with a spout & whisk until smooth.
- For ultimate fluffiness let the batter rest for 15 mins while you prepare your toppings.
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat and melt butter to cover the base of the frying pan.
- Pour batter into frying pan, batter should be approx. 10-15cm wide. Ensure you have room to get your egg flip in to flip the pancake. (PRO TIP: you can pour your batter into a squeezy bottle to allow for easy squirting of the perfect size pancakes. This also allows you to draw different shape pancakes - like love hearts!)
- Allow pancakes to cook until bubble holes start to appear in the top that do not fill back over then flip the pancake.
- Cook for approx. 1.5 minutes on the second side (until light brown) and then place on a plate.
- Place cooked pancakes on a plate in a warm oven or in your microwave on a keep warm function while you repeat steps 4-6 until all batter is gone.
- Serve your pancakes with the toppings of your choice & enjoy!
Flavoured ice cream & chocolate or caramel sauce
Stewed pears & caramel sauce with vanilla ice cream
Cream or ice cream & fresh berries or banana
Cream or ice cream & maple syrup
Cream or ice cream & roasted stone fruit
Lemon & Sugar
Jam & Cream
Bacon, eggs & Aussie tomato relish
Eggs, spinach & hollandaise sauce
Fried spinach & mushrooms
Fried capsicum, onion & chilli
Cream cheese, sweet corn, sweet chilli sauce & chives
I hope you enjoy these pancakes as much as my family do!